Visiting the World’s Hottest Startup
Investors and business professionals are desperately searching for flights to Israel. Why? Because Israel has been crowned the startup nation.
The statistics surrounding the amount of high-tech startups conceived in Israel is astounding. For a country with only 7.6 million people, it boasts approximately 4,800 startup companies and attracts more venture capital per person than any other country in the world.
Notable Israeli Tech Startups
Here are three of the top Israeli companies making a splash in the global market.
- Waze: A mobile app company providing a “community map” application which allows users to share information on the road like new routes, accidents, and police traps.
- iOnRoad: A mobile app that alerts drivers when they are getting too close to the car in front of them.
- Conduit: A fully customizable community toolbar that allows clients to be connected and engaged with users.
Reasons Behind Development
You might be wondering how Israel become the leader in technology and innovation. Here are a few factors that have contributed to their success:
- Universities: Israel has some of the best universities in the world that focus on technology.
Government Resources: The Israeli government provides early-stage funding to encourage young entrepreneurs to take the risk of beginning a startup.
- Mentors: Retiring business leaders invest in these high-tech startups and provide strategic counsel to develop a ready-to-market business model.
If you’re looking to visit the mecca of technology, make sure you get a cheap flight to Israel as soon as possible.